Job Posting: Executive Director at MSA Museum
MSA Museum Society
2313 Ware Street, Abbotsford, BC V2S 3C6
Position Available: Executive Director, MSA Museum Society
The MSA Museum Society invites applications for the full-time position of Executive Director.Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the coordination and administration of the programs and affairs of the Society in accordance with the stated goals and policies as provided by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is also responsible for staff supervision and management, public relations, fundraising, consultation and coordination with community groups and City government. The successful applicant will be a team player willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- A combination of relevant education and professional experience in the operations of a not for profit organization.
- Experience with governmental procedures and processes and an ability to work collaboratively with City officials and staff.
- Proven ability to work within a multicultural and multigenerational community.
- Ability to build and maintain a diverse community network.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.\
- Experience in volunteer board management and development.
- Solid track record in financial management and budgeting.
- Superior skills in report and grant writing (including Community Gaming) and funding development.
- An understanding of heritage management policies and practices.
- Experience in developing short and long term business plans in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to coordinate and run cultural tourism initiatives and special events.
- Experience and proven ability in working with a governance Board of Directors.
- Proven ability in human resources management working with volunteers and staff.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven abilities in community program development and stakeholder engagement.
- Long term residency and/or a substantial knowledge of the history of Abbotsford and the Fraser Valley are an asset.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Community builder
- Proactive decision maker and troubleshooter
Applications will be accepted by electronic transmission or hand delivery until July 10th, 2016
No Phone Calls Please
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Kelly Railton, Executive Director
Or deliver to MSA Museum Society, 2313 Ware Street Abbotsford V2S 3C6